Things To Do on Earth Day 2020 (and all year long)
1. Plant something.- Trees clean the air; fruits, veggies, herbs are yummy; native plants are best for birds and other pollinators:
2. Talk a walk using physical distancing. Look up at the sky, listen to a creek/river/stream, smell the trees and flowers. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Relax.
3. Watch and listen to birds in your yard. Audubon can help: https://www.audubon.org/birding-by-ear
4. Buy and use reusable bags.
5. Use a refillable water bottle.
6. Ride a bike or walk instead of using your car.
7. Buy local.
8. Donate and/or volunteer with a local group helping birds and other animals.
9. Share your thoughts on environmental issues with your local, state, and national leaders.
10. Enjoy this video celebrating 50 years of Earth Day: https://vimeo.com/409732403
11. Join the Nature and Wildlife Discovery Center Earth Day Pajama Party Fundraiser: